The Corruption Reporting Center (CRC) is operational in Uvira and Bukavu (South-Kivu) from January 2018.
CRC is a new anti-corruption initiative providing free legal aid services to victims and witnesses of corruption and seeks to empower male and female citizens to demand accountability and transparency. It is a community service centre that offers both pragmatic services to individuals, communities, companies and institutions who are victims of corruption or witnesses to corruption by giving legal aid and advice. The advocacy aspect of this project focuses on public education and prevention strategies based on cases and complaints lodged and collated by the CRC on a quarterly basis. CRC seeks to facilitate the engagement of the public in the fight for transparency and accountability and to provide legal advice to victims of corruption in South-Kivu (DRC). Thus, CRC seeks to:
- To offer an independent channel for victims or witnesses of corruption to report their concerns, propose solutions and seek advice.
- To provide free legal advice and practical help to clients
- To increase the capacity of the public institutions to work with citizens by receiving and dealing with complaints effectively.
- Empowering citizens with relevant information and their legal rights in the face of corruption to foster a culture of exposing corruption
- To improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the existing anti-corruption interventions in the delivery of services to the public
- provide FREE legal consultation
- maintain confidentiality of cases and complaints
- transfer relevant cases to the Agence de Prévention et de lutte contre la Corruption (APLC) and other partners
- follow up with the client’s complaint during the litigation process
CRC does not:
- investigate cases of corruption, in the sense of calling witnesses, searching for evidence, wire-tapping, etc.
- replace the existing authorities
- provide a legal representative for its clients
- take part in political agendas or political affiliations
- guarantee the client’s expectation in the case
How to report a corruption case?
All reports submitted to CERC are treated with care and processed in a safe and secure environment. We will not share any details or identifying information with anyone else without permission.
Our corruption hotline: +243 827332229
To report via WhatsApp add this number (+243 827332229) to your address book as “CRC” and then start a new chat.
Report an incident online on our website now. CLICK HERE
The communication is secured and your information will be treated with outmost care and security.